PCR subcloning

Richard J. Dudley rdudley at nrc.uab.edu
Fri Jan 10 20:08:11 EST 1997

Taq will add any of the four bases to the end of a DNA fragment, but A
is its preferred addition.  I think the 9% single A sound slow, but I've
never measured it.  Anyhow, a colleague swears by Invitrogen's T/A kit;
he gave me an aliquot, and it worked like a charm for a very stubborn
PCR ligation.

I tried mung bean and blunt end cloning; this way was great.

BTW--I have no affiliation with Invitrogen.

Richard J. Dudley
Department of Neurobiology                    "Unsheath the blade
University of Alabama School of Medicine       within the voice..."
http://www.nrc.uab.edu