fluorogenic/chromogenic invertase substrate??

David Singleton drs3y at avery.med.Virginia.EDU
Fri Jan 10 16:34:23 EST 1997

Sebastian Springer (springer at uclink4.berkeley.edu) wrote:
: Invertase, which I want to assay, is a
: glucosyl-beta-D-fructofuranosidase. Is anyone aware of a substrate for
: this enzyme which would give rise to a fluorescent or coloured product?
: There are similar reagents for glucosidases (e.g.
: 4-nitrophenyl-beta-D-glucoside or fluoresceinyl-beta-D-glucoside) or
: mannosidases, but I have found no fructosides in the catalogs.
: Failing that, synthesis advice for a fluoresceinyl fructoside would be
: appreciated.
Second try at a followup with a new newsreader. Does this assay need to be
direct? I used a peroxidase coupled assay that yielded oxidized
o-dianisidine, which can be followed colorimetrically. Reference is
Goldstein and Lampen, Meth Enzymology 42:504

* David R. Singleton                 drs3y at virginia.edu *
* Dept. of Cell Biology            phone:(804)-924-1910 *
* Box 439 Health Sciences Center     fax:(804) 982-3912 *
* University of Virginia                                *
* Charlottesville, VA  22908                            *