Melting temp of neucleotide sequence

WSchick at aol.com WSchick at aol.com
Fri Jan 10 09:12:30 EST 1997

If you don't get a usable equation,  I'll run the sequence for you on HybSim
software which calculates Tm by nearest neighbors.   Many other probe design
software should be able to give you this--maybe your core facility or another
researcher with an oligonucleotide synthesizer would have the programs.

We also can run an actual melting curve of a DNA sample (DS) on the
LightCycler .  Or you could run it yourself on a temperature ramp
microcuvette in a Fluorometer by using an intercalating dye such as Hoechst
or SYBR green.

Walt Schick
ATR Biotech
Emeryville, CA