Good alignment program?

Mike Noreen ev-michael at nrm.se
Sun Jan 12 09:18:15 EST 1997

Replying to "Dr A.H.M. Van Vliet" <AVV2 at le.ac.uk>

: Dear Mike,
:
: I have tried several alignment programs, and so far if it comes to
: aligning, I liked Multalin the best; its output options are however
: terrible. I actually align them in Multalin and transfer them to clustal
: for a "usable" output.
:
: Unfortunately the Multalin program is not shareware, but commercial. If
: you're interested I should be able to find out where to get it

I searched Excite and found two programs with similar-sounding names.
I also found a mail-server which does aligns using a program called
multalin, and I'll see if it'll accept my sequences. If you find any
info on where one could find more info about the program I'd
appreciate it if you'd mail it to me.

Thanks for your help!

: Arnoud

MVH: Mike Noreen       |"Cold as the northern winds
Net: ev-michael at nrm.se | in December mornings,
                       | Cold is the cry that rings
                       | from this far distant shore."

Proud to have been dubbed "Incorrigible", "idiot",
"IQ below 50" and "a `professional' net.thug
who volunteered his services to the more
irresponsible members of the Hennig Society"
by that most 'complex' of Black Knights -
Peter Nyikos!