accession numbers

Vozier bszanlun at genes.bio.puc.cl
Mon Jan 13 14:28:04 EST 1997

Hello everybody..

	I wrote in this group a long time ago and obtained many answers to my
question, so I decided to repeat the experience.

	I'm a Chilean Biochemist working in the Plant molecular biology lab in
the Catholic University of Chile. I'm currently trying to perform a
phylogenetic analysis based on rbcL (for the large subunit of Rubisco) gene
sequences. I have some sequences, but need some more to give the analysis more
strength.

	 The problem I have is obtaining rbcL sequences of green algae. I have
used the entrez and other search facilities for finding the sequences
accession numbers, but have obtained very few information. In fact, sequences
wich I know exist and have personally retrieved from genebank (by knowing the
appropiate accession number), do not appear in the search results.

	I would highly appreciate any hints about this topic, and if you have
some green algae accession numbers and can send them to me I would be most
thankfull

				thanks in advance for your time and help

						Eduardo Lucero
					Email: bszanlun at genes.bio.puc.cl