Same function-diverse structures

Olivier Gandrillon ogandril at cri.ens-lyon.fr
Tue Jan 14 05:36:12 EST 1997

Hi

I don't knwo whether it has been discussed somewhere but you can try the
transferrin receptor in mammals and in bacteria. Both do bind
transferrin but are absolutely not related in their sequence. As far as
the bacterial sequence is concerned, you can start with

Rokbi, 1995
       Variable sequences in a mosaic-like domain of meningococcal tbp2
encode immunoreactive epitopes.
       FEMS Microbiol Lett 132, 277-283 (1995) [96039602]

I don't have no reference to mammalian sequences at hand but you can
medline those easily. Hope this helps.

Olivier