Good alignment program?

Sathish, P. sathish at BIOKEMI.SU.SE
Wed Jan 15 07:25:07 EST 1997

Hi:
I used to use Geneworks on Macintosh.  Unfortunately it takes time to
complete the alignment and requires lots of memory if you try aligning
long stretches of DNA,RNA or prtoteins.  A Power Macintosh is highly
recommended.
I now routinely use PileUp in GCG (in a Unix machine), as it is fast and
good.
Sometimes I use the netsite, http://www.ibc.wustl.edu/msa.html , to
perform small alignments.  It probably uses an alogorithm similar to
Clustalw.
To get neat publishable quality outputs of my alignment, I use the
netsite, http://ulrec3.unil.ch/software/BOX_form.html .

Disclaimer:  I have no gain, monetary or otherwise, with any of the
products that I have mentioned above.  Just a user.

Hope this helps.
Warm regards,
sathish
--