his 6 antibodies

Mike Chao mikechao at hamon.swmed.edu
Thu Jan 16 14:59:31 EST 1997

In article <5b104j$ohq at vixen.cso.uiuc.edu>, wittrup at aries.scs.uiuc.edu (Dr.
Karl Dane Wittrup) wrote:

>Is there a commercial source for an antibody which
>recognizes (His)6 independent of flanking sequence?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Dane Wittrup
>(wittrup at uiuc.edu)

BAbCO sells a 6his antibody. It is a new product, not even on their
catalogue I believe, but they were willing to give me a 500 ul free sample
to test. According to them it was raised by screening monoclonals to a
his-tagged recombinant protein, and then "cross-screening" to other
independent his-tagged proteins. I haven't tried it yet, however.

Mike C

Mike Chao
UTSW Medical Center @ Dallas
Dept. Mol. Biol. & Oncology