how to remove SDS from RNA sample?

Josh Gamse gamse at wi.mit.edu
Thu Jan 16 21:48:59 EST 1997

In article <federici-0201971632190001 at federici.cochin.inserm.fr>,
federici at icgm.cochin.inserm.fr (Federici) wrote:

>In article (Dans l'article)
><Pine.A41.3.95b.961224133143.73648A-100000 at dante13.u.washington.edu>,
>Seng-Lai Tan <sltan at u.washington.edu> wrote (écrivait) :
>
>> Dear fellow researchers,
>>
>> i'm trying to reverse transcribe my RNA but it's resuspended in water that
>> contains some SDS, which is inhibiting the RT reaction.  Does anyone know
>> of a easy method (e.g. precipitation) that I can use to remove the SDS in
>> my sample?  many thanks in advance.
>>
>> seng-lai

Precipitate it with NaCl as the counter-ion.  The SDS won't precipitate.
Reference: Maniatas, v. 3, pg. E11.

Josh Gamse
gamse at wi.mit.edu
Whitehead Institute, MIT

Josh Gamse            Department of Biology, MIT
gamse at wi.mit.edu      617-258-5200
http://www.mit.edu:8001/afs/athena.mit.edu/user/s/c/schwa/www/Josh.html

"16% of Perot voters believe "if dolphins were really smart, they
could get out of those nets."
- TV Nation Poll survey, margin of error: +/- 9%