Degraded DNA cleanup

Richard J. Dudley rdudley at nrc.uab.edu
Mon Jan 20 20:09:05 EST 1997

Lou Cantolupo wrote:

> Anyone have a good protocol to clean up degraded DNA?  My fragment is
> about 35Kb (whole adenovirus DNA), VERY PRECIOUS, and is marred by a lot
> of degraded DNA.  I'd like to get rid of all the junk.  I've
> reprecipitated and that didn't help much.  Any suggestions?  Thanx in
> advance!!
>
> Lou Cantolupo
> Dept. Molecular Virology
> GenVec, Inc.
> CANTOLUPO at GENVEC.COM

You may also want to try using PEG at differing concentrations to ppt.
higher and lower molecular weight species.  Not perfect, but could get
you closer.

Richard J. Dudley
Department of Neurobiology                    "Unsheath the blade
University of Alabama School of Medicine       within the voice..."
http://www.nrc.uab.edu