Reagent request: mouse liver, heart or other cDNA library?

Clinton MacDonald cbbccm2 at tthsc6.lubb.ttuhsc.edu
Mon Jan 20 19:13:13 EST 1997

Friends:

   I am doing a project on polyadenylation for which I will sequence 2-300
cDNAs from both a germ cell and a somatic cell cDNA library. I have germ
cell, but I need a small amount of a library from a somatic tissue (i.e.
not testis or germ cell). Good examples would be mouse liver, heart, or
kidney. And (as if I were not asking enough already :-) ), I would like
the library to be directionally cloned into the vector using oligo(dT) as
the primer. Our current germ cell library is in Stratagene's Uni-ZAP II
vector/system, and I have had good results with that. Does someone have
such a reagent?

   I am aware that Stratagene (and perhaps other vendors?) has libraries
available, but as a new assistant professor my resources are a bit
limited, so I cannot justify the $700 such a library would cost.

   Many thanks for your help!

   Clint

\ Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald   \ cbbccm2 at tthsc6.lubb.ttuhsc.edu
 \ Cell Biology & Biochemistry\ 806/743-2703
  \ Texas Tech University      \ 806/743-2990 (FAX)
   \ Lubbock, TX 79430          \
    \ http://www.grad.ttuhsc.edu/Grad/macdonald/