phage Prep

Paul Ulanch Pulanch at
Mon Jan 20 18:26:53 EST 1997

In article <esantare.9.32DFA512 at>,
   esantare at (santarem) wrote:
>	Can any one give me reliable protocol for mini preps of Phage

I recently used the protocol listed in Promega's "Protocols and
Applications Guide".  The only problem I had was that the DNA wouldn't
digest with Not I.  I had to run a portion of the DNA through a LMP
agarose gel, cut out the clone, digest the agarose and then cut the
phage DNA.

This protocol doesn't seem to give clean DNA, but it will give you a lot
of it.  I used 100 mL lysed cultures and ended up with about 500 to 2000
ng of DNA from each prep.

Good luck!

Paul "Goose" Ulanch

Dept. Biochem/Biophys