Antibodies to Hen Egg Lysozyme

Sebastian Bunka bunka at i112pc09.vu-wien.ac.at
Mon Jan 20 09:05:03 EST 1997

In article <1997Jan14.153933.5812 at galileo.cc.rochester.edu>,
	ttha at uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Tom Thatcher) writes:
> I'm looking for polyclonal and/or monoclonal antibodies against hen
> egg lysozyme.  So far I've found one commercial source of a polyclonal
> (Biodesign) and no sources of monoclonals.  Any help would be appreciated.

To my best knowledge there is no (commercial available) monoclonal.

But another good source of polyclonal rabbit-anti-HEL, IgG fraction
is: Rockland, Gilbertsville, PA; Order-Nr. 200-4172. (Don't have
the phone number anymore ...).

I've found the IgG fraction quite good (don not buy the whole serum).

Much better was immunizing a sheep w/ HEL !! (Well, I don't
have any more of that serum - in case you ask ;-))
--

Cheers, Sebastian

;-)
Sebastian Bunka                 ph. (+43-1) 250 77 4208
Institute of                    FAX (+43-1) 250 77 4290
Medical Chemistry               email: Sebastian.Bunka at vu-wien.ac.at
University of Veterinary Medicine - Vienna - Austria