sequencing PCR products

Sharon Lefebvre slefebvr at umabnet.ab.umd.edu
Tue Jan 21 12:13:41 EST 1997

Is it possible to directly sequence PCR products? To summerize the problem
I'm trying to solve: I want to sequence a portion of both alleles of a
gene. I've amplified it with no problems. I could clone the product and
sequence, but then I'd be dealing with a clone, so if the original PCR
product contained a mixture of two sequences (i.e. from two alleles), then
I'd only be sequencing one at a time, so I'd have to look at many clones
to find both alleles. Any ideas or suggestions?

Sharon