clontech pcr-select cDNA subtraction kit

Reza Zolfaghari rxz7 at psu.edu
Thu Jan 23 23:40:23 EST 1997

"MADELINE A MURPHY (PHARMACOLOGY) STAFF" <mmurphy at acadamh.ucd.ie> wrote:
>I am interested in comparing two cell populations (primary culture/
>diseased vs normal) using the clontech pcr-select cDNA subtraction
>kit. Has anyone used this kit? how good is it? Any comments/opinions
>would be much appreciated.
>
>Thanks

I have used the Clontech PCR-Select kit with two different lots four
times. All I can say is that it did not work for me. Now I am trying to
switch to another protocol. That is PCR-Based Subtractive cDNA Cloning
which is described in the Protocols in Molecular Biology (red books).
This method is based on the method described originally by Wang and
Brown.