Help !Macrophage Cell line sucks!

o0c9869 at tam2000.tamu.edu o0c9869 at tam2000.tamu.edu
Fri Jan 24 01:13:52 EST 1997

I am a PhD student and I've been trying to obtain a bovine macrophage cell
line for 2 years. At least this is not my thesis work...but I'm getting tp
the bottom..and it sucks me!

I've tried transfecting them with a pBR322 derived vector that carries the
whole SV40 genome (I got it from ATCC). With that vector I've tried CaPO4
and cationic lipids.

Then, I tried with retroviral supernatant (such as you do for EBV human
B-lymphocytes lines)..but it didn't work.

Is there anybody with some experience who would be willing to give me some
advice?

Might be my vector?..the reagents? Me?

Thanks

O. Ch. P.