IN SITU PCR and BACTERIA

Dr Steve Griffiths Molecular Biology Group sgriffit at rpc.unb.ca
Thu Jan 23 09:16:24 EST 1997

  Dear Colleagues
  I'm just about to jump into the wonderful world of In Situ PCR  for the
purposes of characterizing pathogens of aquaculture( a lot of difficult
intracellular bugs!) as well as the composition of some environmental
samples.Have any of you had  experience with In Situ PCR of bacterial DNA
(especially Gram positives )in tissue sections and smears?Most of the
protocols I've seen so far deal with the detection of viruses( which are
also on our dance card)so i would be extremely grateful if I received a
head start.
   Many thanks
     STEVE