Dissolving plasmid DNA afterprecipitation

Kevin A. Mulcahy K.Mulcahy at sheffield.ac.uk
Sat Jan 25 07:05:31 EST 1997

Hi Stephen,

thanks for replying to my message about re-dissolving plasmid DNA. I'll
try and see if it is what you say could be occuring with the maxi-prep
columns since I do use Qiagen's Tip 500 kit. The strange thing is that
the DNA readily dissolves when I do the first precipitation with
isopropanol in the large 30 ml centrifuge tube but it is always
difficult to dissolve following the second precipitation in an eppendorf
tube (in order to further remove impurities and to sterilise it for
transfection).

Cheers,

Kevin.