Mouse liver to SDS-PAGE??

Tom Thatcher ttha at uhura.cc.rochester.edu
Mon Jan 20 13:42:49 EST 1997

I want to run an SDS gel and Western blot on mouse liver.  I have
2 strains of transgenic mouse (made by others) and I would like
to verify that they are expressing the transgene.  One is a
metallothienin promoter, the other is MHC class-I, whihc should
be nearly ubiquitious.  Is there any reason I can't just drop a
piece of liver into SDS-PAGE loading buffer and boil it?
If so, what should I do instead?

--
Tom Thatcher                          | You can give a PC to a Homo habilis,
University of Rochester Cancer Center | and he'll use it, but he'll use it