ligand binding apparatus

Elaine Thompson eethomp at connectnet.com
Mon Jan 27 18:21:32 EST 1997

In article
<Pine.OSF.3.95.970123153149.27159C-100000 at saul7.u.washington.edu>, Nancy
Linford <nantzee at u.washington.edu> wrote:

> Hello. My lab does a lot of filter binding assays. We have a vaccuum
> filtration system which was handmade and is starting to fall apart. What
> we are looking for is ideally something semi-automated that will process
> multiple samples onto filter paper for scintillation counting. Does anyone
> know where to find one of these for sale? Any opinions on the pros and
> cons of different styles of systems?
>
> thank you
> nancy

Brandel and Tomtek both make nice harvesters that can have automated
washes and harvest onto either filter paper or onto 96-well plates with
GF/C or GF/B in them.  Personally, I prefer Brandel harvesters, but they
are a bit expensive.  I just looked at a microtiter format semi-automated
Brandel and was quoted $14,900.

Elaine Thompson
Houghten Pharmaceuticals
--