pGL3 / pGL2 dilemma: anybody working with these ?

Clemens Suter-Crazzolara un691cs at genius.embnet.dkfz-heidelberg.de
Wed Jan 29 04:55:26 EST 1997

Hello,

we have cloned our potential promoter in pGL3, and made all the deletion-
studies. Now we have a problem: in certain cell lines, we find that our
constructs are much less active than the pGL3 vector.
This is difficult to publish.
I read on this group that pGL2 has lower background levels than pGL3;
but to reclone my 25 fragments and repeat all the transfections ands
assays does not sound very atractive.

Could any one give me advice how to proceed ? is there perhaps a publication
where pGL2 is compared to pGL3, or which states that pGL3 results in rela-
tively high BG-levels, which I could refer to ?

thanks,

clemens Suter-Crazzolara    (answers to my e-mail address would be appreciated)
University of Heidelberg
Dept. Anatomy and Cellbiologie