MJ research PTC-200

Sam Gray mgzsg at unix.ccc.nottingha
Thu Jan 30 06:36:23 EST 1997

rott at mailer.mpib-tuebingen.mpg.de (Mike Rott) wrote:

>We are considering this thermocycler with the two independant blocks. Has
>anyone had a problem with temp *contamination* when running different
>programs with both blocks at the same time?

>thanks,  mike

We've been using a PTC200 with a dual block (2x48) for about 12 months
now with no problems at all. I've found it to be a very nice thermal
cycler - fast, easy to program and reliable. I've not noticed any
signs of "temperature cross-contamination" even when I've been doing a
PCR on one block and a constant incubation at 4oC or 94oC on the other
block - but to be honest I've not been looking for it! The two blocks
are quite well insulated fron each other and each side has it's own
heat exchange vents so I wouldn't imagine it to be a potential
problem. Feel free to email me if you want more info.

Sam Gray