mycoplasma and PCR

Thu Jan 30 13:16:32 EST 1997

hrmbdkc at HKUXA.HKU.HK (Cheah Kathryn Song Eng) writes: > I obtained some information quite a while ago about PCR to detect
> mycoplasma. Unfortunately all the information I obtained has gotten lost
> by the RA who I gave it to and now I don't have it anymore.
> Can some kind soul please let me have some information?
> Thanks
>

> Dr. Kathy Cheah
> Dept. Biochemistry
> Hong Kong University
> Sassoon Rd.
> Hong Kong
> Tel: (852)-28199170 (O)
>      (852)-28199233 (Lab)
> Fax: (852)-28551254
> E-mail: HRMBDKC at HKUXA.HKU.HK

Kathy, I have used a PCR mycoplasma kit that is sold by ATCC.  The part number is 90-1001K and it sells for $225.00.  It
gave very clear and unambiguous results.  I have also used one from Stratagene, but it did not work with nearly the precision
of the ATCC kit.  If you have questions, call or E-mail, Mike.

Michael E. DeGraaf
Pharmacia and Upjohn Inc.
7242-209-724
Kalamazoo, MI 49007