Prep of rifiampicine

Jill Kellogg jkellogg at epitope.com
Fri Jan 31 13:00:36 EST 1997

In article <1997Jan31.104047.5665 at news>,
   David Humair <David humair at bota.unine.ch> wrote:
>Hi netters,
>I have problems with dissolution of rifampicine.
>Could someone have a good protocol to prepare it.
>Thank you
>David

In the Plant Molecular Biology LabFax manual they suggest 20-50 mg per ml in
methanol or 50 mg per ml in DMSO.  They say use freshly. No need to filter
sterilize because the solvent will sterilize it.  Finally they say to store at
-20 degrees C in the dark.

This is the method we follow.

PS  To all netters: please do not use characters that appear with option or
control keys, they don't translate well over the net.  (Shift key characters are
OK, I believe.)

All comments/opinions in this message are solely those of the sender,
and do not necessarily reflect the views of Epitope, Incorporated
or any of its subsidiaries.