large amount of mRNA is needed

Shelley Cole shelley at DARWIN.SFBR.ORG
Fri Jan 31 14:02:56 EST 1997

Wei,

Ambion sells some kits that use some sort of modified polymerase or
buffer that will in vitro transcribe large amounts (mgs) of message.  I
have used their MEGAShortscript kit with success, but do not know their
secret.  I believe their kits work with T7 or Sp6 promoters for any
cloned gene.

I hope this helps answer your question?

Shelley