strong blue sepharose (?)

Pascal Mertens Pascal.Mertens at fundp.ac.be
Tue Jul 1 02:14:55 EST 1997

> In article <33AA441B.678B at comp.kbsi.re.kr>, shkim at COMP.KBSI.RE.KR (Soohyun
> Kim) wrote:
>
> > Dear, everyone
> >
> >         I am purifying some enzymes requiring NAD with blue sepharose of
> > Pharmacia. I used 50 mM phosphate or 20 mM Tris, pH 7.0 as starting
> > buffer and above buffer containing 2 M KCL or NaCl as elution buffer. I
> > confirmed the enzyme activity before chromatography, but I could not
> > find the activity after chromatography. I used three column volumes of
> > elution buffer. Where is the enzyme? How can I detach the guys from blue
> > sepharose? Please send me your idea.
> > With best regards.
> >

> > Soohyun Kim

You could try to elute with 1mM NADH; to minimize contaminating proteins,
don't change other things (salts, pH) except NADH between washing and
elution buffer.
After your whashings with 2M KCl, there should not be much
non-specifically binded proteins on your column.

Hope this helps

Pascal

--
Pascal Mertens
Laboratoire d'Immunologie et Microbiologie