DNA purifications

Guy Hermans ghermans at luc.ac.be
Tue Jul 1 06:36:32 EST 1997

In article <33b86463.357682071 at NEWS.UQ.EDU.AU>, mikep at biosci.uq.edu.au
(Michael Poidinger) wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Jun 1997 12:01:22 -0500, "Dwight M. Nance"
> <dwight at dwight.path.umanitoba.ca> wrote:
>
> >I would like to purify DNA fragements from agarose gels (normal agarose)
> >that range from 200-600bp in length. Does anyone have suggestions as to
> >which kits work the best
> >
> >JM
>
> We routinely use the Mermaid kit from Bio 101 for fragments 50-500 bp.
>
> Mike
>

> Dr Mike Poidinger
> Microbiology, UQ
> Australia
> mikep at biosci.uq.oz.au

An inexpencive solution is loading your fragments on 0.6 % agarose gel and
then just elute your cut-out agarose pieces with a handmade Sephadex G50M
column. (fill a tip  with it and centrifuge). We use it all the time for
any kind of applications: prior to sequencing, ligation etc..
Hope this answers your question

Niels Hellings

--
Niels Hellings
  Ms research Unit              Immunology research group