eukaryotic expression vector needed

michael.fleischhacker at rz.hu-berlin.de michael.fleischhacker at rz.hu-berlin.de
Fri Jul 4 04:05:28 EST 1997

hi,

I am trying to clone a big surface protein whose gene is unknown. I
made a cDNA bank in Stratagenes ZAP vector and transfected several
cell lines but did not find a clone producing the protein of interest.
Since my protein is very big it might be that the expression in the
transfected cells is very low. I am looking for a cloning vector which
beside the gene of interest harbors a gene which makes a product
useful for screening transfected cells by FACS sorting (GFP or any
other). If anybody has an idea where I can get such a vector, please
let me know.
Thank you very much in advance.

Michael Fleischhacker