silver stain with Gel Bond sheet

Nicola Cucurachi cnic at ipruniv.cce.unipr.it
Fri Jul 4 11:32:24 EST 1997

Laurent POULOUIN wrote:

> I will make a silver stain after an isotachophoresis , and I ask myself if
> GelBond PAG plastic sheet is compatible with Silver Stain like the BioRad
> one, and if I make some modifications in the classic process.
>
> Thanks for your answers,

>                                                    Laurent POULOUIN

Dear Laurent,
I've been performing silver staining on Gelbond (FMC) backed
Polyacrylamide film since 1994 and I've never had any problems. I don't
use a silver staining kit but prepare the solutions in my lab.(1%HNO3,
AgNO3, Natrium Carbonate + Formaldehyde, 10% HCOOH, 5% Glycerol)
If Bio-Rad Silver Stain kit contains the same solutions as mine you
won't have any problem.

Good luck,
Nicola Cucurachi

Institute of Legal Medicine