High Percentage SDS-PAGE gels

Yvon CAVALOC cavaloc at sun-recomgen.univ-rennes1.fr
Mon Jul 7 06:06:19 EST 1997

I have done also 18% gels (even 20%) but I wasn't very proud of the
results (little peptides (< 7 kDa) gave me diffuse bands. The best
results were obtained with the protocol described by Schägger and von
Jagow (1987). This uses a 16% discontinous gel and resolves perfectly
peptides from 2 kDa to 90 kDa. Unfortunately, I don't have the exact
reference, but I remember that the whole protocol was described in the
tip given with the Sigma low molecular weight markers.
Hope this helps

Yvon

Yvon CAVALOC
UPR 41 CNRS "Recombinaisons Genetiques"