HPLC Column Choice?

Christian Wold cawold at mail.newcastle.edu.au
Wed Jul 9 20:46:08 EST 1997

Im trying to optimise a separation of ethanol extracted components from
cooked beef samples. I am using reverse phase, gradient elution
(acetonitrile/water) and have tried a range of C18 columns with little
success. The molecules are quite polar and are eluting quite early in the
run, my peaks are tending to coelute and tail.
Can anyone suggest another type of column which might prove more suitable
to this analysis. My eventual aim is to identify these molecules using
LC-MS and NMR.