Semi-quantitative RT-PCR control

huang zhong zhong.huang at
Wed Jul 9 18:47:24 EST 1997

Alun Kirby wrote:
> I was going to use beta-actin but have been told that this varies
> between tissues. Any info on which primers to use and for what template
> would be gratefully appreciated. GAPDH perhaps?
> Thanks.....Alun.
> e-mail to akirby at can try GAPDH as internal standard. It's simple and easy to
operation. You also can try external sequence which will competete with
the same priming sites with your target primers (so called competative
PCR or MIMIC PCR).MIMIC PCR kit is available from clonetech.
Lab of Gut Hormone        =>
Gasthuisberg, B-3000      => e-mail: huang.zhong at
Leuven, Belgium           => Fax: 32-16-345939     Tel: 32-16-345750