library amplification

cfb7 at psu.edu cfb7 at psu.edu
Thu Jul 10 15:08:40 EST 1997

Hi,
I need to amplify a cDNA library in Lambda Zap II.  The literature that
came with the library indicates that there were 2 X 10(6) primary
plaques; I'm assuming that means that I need to amplify 2 million
phages to ensure complete library amplification.  If so, the
amplification procedure will be quite cumbersome (ie: 40 large plates;
8 - 10 ml SM buffer overlays per plate to collect phages = 320 ml phage
suspension).  Is there an easier method?  Or have I missed something in
my interpretation of the amplification procedure?  Thanks, Christie