membrance associated protein

FC bb936 at torfree.net
Thu Jul 10 10:39:00 EST 1997

I am going to try a small project which to measure
Fas expression in response to treatment.  I will
extract proteins from cells and detect Fas level by
immunoblot.  I read some articles and this is the
way to do it.  However, I was suggested that I have
to make sure the Fas is extracted since Fas is a
membrance associated protien, I may lost majority of
Fas by conventional extraction buffer.  Anyone has
any ideal what I can do to harvest membrane
associated protein, or suggest some refference I can
read.  Thank you very much