Transfectable smooth muscle cells?

Markus Mueller markus.stefan.mueller at
Fri Jul 11 08:32:56 EST 1997

Hi all,

in order to investigate the regulation of the protein we are working
with I´m planning to transfect some human cells with a
promotor/lufiferase vector construct. Transfection of smooth muscle
cells would be of particular interest. Is it possible to transfect them
with a satisfiing efficiency, so that the luciferase expression is
measurable? What kind of smooth muscle cells (cell lines) do you suggest
and where can I get them? Do you have some suggestions for culturing

Thanks a lot!

e-mail: markus.stefan.mueller at
University of Konstanz
Faculty of Biology