Cleavage by thrombin

Marc Champagne M.Champagne at
Sat Jul 12 08:29:31 EST 1997

In article <33C0EA6E.41C6 at>, Randy Willis
<willis at> wrote:

> Simon Hoffenberg wrote:
> >We used high thrombin concentration to
> > accelerate the digestion and lost our protein. Any cure for the problem?
> Simon,
> Try using less thrombin and more patience.  We've not experienced too
> many problems with non-specific cleavage for reactions which have
> proceeded for up to 24h.
> Good luck,
> Randall C Willis, Researcher
> Biochemistry Research, Hospital for Sick Children
> 3522-555 University Ave
> Toronto, ON
> 416-813-5933 (ph)  -5022 (fax)
> willis at

I recommend doing a time-course.  You should take aliquots a t=0 (no thrombin)
20 min, 40 min, 1 hr, 2, 4, 8 and you'll probably find out that all that
you can
get cut will be cut within the 1st 2 hours, and might even find when the
degradation of the peptide occurs.

Mon pays ce n'est pas un pays, c'est l'hiver (Vigneault).

Pls remove -nospam- from my address if you reply by e-mail