Looking for RT PCR protocol for bacteria

Zophonias O. Jonsson zjons at vetbio.unizh.ch
Thu Jul 17 10:11:36 EST 1997

In article <Pine.GSO.3.95q.970715155236.19489A-100000 at netinfo1.ubc.ca>,
zyu at UNIXG.UBC.CA (Zhongtang Yu) wrote:

> The rTth polymerase and the EZ buffer will enable you to do
> RTA PCR in one tube.  I've done it a lot.  It works very well.

I and my labmates have tried it several times and it never worked for us
except for the positive control which was great.  No signal, even with
primers and RNA that give huge bands using a two tube RT-PCR protocol.
Any idea what we were doing wrong?

Zophonias

Zophonias O. Jonsson
Institut fur Veterinarbiochemie               Tel: (41-1)-257-54-75
Universitat Zurich-Irchel                     Fax: (41-1)-362-05-01
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich
Switzerland