What is inverse PCR?

Michael Kertesz kertesz at micro.biol.ethz.ch
Fri Jul 18 10:57:37 EST 1997

> > Hello Molecular Deities --
> >         What is inverse PCR?  I can't find a definition anywhere.

> For identifying coli genes mutated using transposons, would IPCR be the
> easiest way now if the coli genome seq is available? Is anyone doing
this?

> --

It might be, if it were easier to get the inverse PCR to work right
straight away (i.e. with the concentration ok, and the correct restriction
enzyme sites there so that the product is a convenient size, etc.) As it
is, I still prefer to plain old transposon rescue (using the antibiotic
resistance on the transposon for quick and easy positive selection of the
desired clone), and then use a transposon-specific sequening primer to
sequence into the flanking region. With the genome available, the rest is
computerbashing...!

regards