Transfecting Proteins

Michele Markstein mmarkste at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Fri Jul 18 14:51:16 EST 1997

I would like to transfect yeast cells with proteins, and would
appreciate any information regarding protein transfection
(in any cell type).

Becasue the yeast cell wall may be an obstacle, my first approach will
be to fuse liposomes to spheroplasted yeast cells. Therefore, I am also
intereseted in general inights/information about yeast lipofection.

In case you are wondering why I am transfecting proteins instead of DNA,
my project is to study the effects of prions--a protein based
phenomenon.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Michele Markstein