5-20% SDS-PAGE Gradient gel

Steve Palmieri rocco at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Jul 18 17:43:58 EST 1997

This is the first time running a gradient gel and I have a question. My
concern is the amount of current (mAmps) pulled through the gel is about
half or less than what I observe for a single % gel.  I'm using a standard
gel running buffer(Maniatis) as well as gel reagents that I have
previously used for a single % gel.  Is this normal for a gradient gel or
should I be using a different running buffer recipe.  Any help will be
much appreciated.  Please e-mail me a response rather than post. Thanks.