Electroporating BACs

Chris Boyd chrisb at hgu.mrc.ac.uk
Thu Jul 17 05:51:41 EST 1997

Dr. J. Miano (jmiano at post.its.mcw.edu) wrote:
: Can someone please give me the conditions to electroporate a 80 kb BAC into
: bacterial cells.  PLease send to my email address.

: Thanks
: --
: The Love you take is equal to the Love you make--P. McCartney

See

@Article{SHENG:1995,
  author =       "Sheng, Y. and Mancino, V. and Birren, B.",
  title =        "{Transformation of {\it Escherichia coli} with large
                 DNA molecules by electroporation}",
  journal =      "Nucleic Acids Research",
  year =         "1995",
  volume =       "23",
  pages =        "1990--1996",
}

It'll be woefully inefficient into any strain that isn't, like DH10B,
deoR.

Best wishes,
--
Chris Boyd                       | from, | MRC Human Genetics Unit
chrisb at hgu.mrc.ac.uk             |  not  |  Western General Hospital