Immunofluorescence-sensitivity

Martin Offterdinger a8803349 at unet.univie.ac.at
Mon Jul 21 08:16:12 EST 1997

Hi!
I am currently using an IF system with an unlabelled primary antibody
and a fluorochrome(oregon green) labelled sec. AB. I have to make this
system more sensitive as I am only able to detect an overexpressed
membrane receptor. My  questions are: Would a system like prim.
unlabelled, followed by sec. biotinylated  AB followed by fluorochrome
labelled Avidin be more sensitive than the system I am using now?
Would an expected  increase of a factor 10 in sensitivity be
realistic?
I am looking forward to any comments!
Thanks, Martin