antisense oligo control

Mr. G. Morley gmorley at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Thu Jul 24 11:09:16 EST 1997

>Hi folks --
>        I am looking for an assay or a positive control experiment which
>would allow me to ascertain whether antisense oligos were being taken up
>by my cells.  I know one possibility would be to look for the protein
>and see whether or not its expression is inhibited, but I do not have
>any antibodies to any of the proteins I want to inhibit.
>        Thanks all,
>        Harry
>
>Harry.Witchel at Bristol.ac.uk

Hmmmm.. what about using a control oligo that will kill cells if it
is expressed.. perhaps to some essential house keeping gene.
ALthough you obviously could not use this oligo in a co-infection
with your desired oligo you could at least see if your cells are
capable of taking up oligos.... not sure what y ou would use though.
Anti- Ras would certainly handicap them but not sure of its lethality.

Gary Morley
gmorley at rpms.ac.uk