transfection for MDCK cells

Annette C. Hollmann ah690549 at
Thu Jul 24 07:31:48 EST 1997

In article <33D66AF1.5158 at> Liqun Zhang <lzhang at> writes:
>Does anyone know what is the best way to transfect MDCK cells in terms
>of transfection effeciency?  Any help is appreciated.

InVitrogen published a protocol developed by Bryan Moyer and Bruce
It can be found in their technical bulletin Expressions 4(1):6, and should
be available fron InVitrogen.
-> the efficiency was not spectacular - it appears that MDCK's are very
difficult to transfect (but not as bad as some of the cell lines I have
worked with).