Poor re-amplification of DD products

Shiao Y. Wang sywang at whale.st.usm.edu
Thu Jul 24 16:17:52 EST 1997

We've been having problems with re-amplification of DD products. We
thought it's due to poor annealing because the random primer is only a
10mer. We went to a 20mer, used low annealing stringency for the first 2
cycles then high stringency (60 C) for the rest. We thought that would
produce not only more PCR products upon re-amplification but also more
specific products. We're still getting diffused bands on agarose gels,
not anything near like regular PCR. Anyone know the cause and solution
to this problem? Thanks!

--
Shiao Y. Wang
University of Southern Mississippi