Poor re-amplification of DD products

Shiao Y. Wang sywang at whale.st.usm.edu
Thu Jul 24 16:17:52 EST 1997

We've been having problems with re-amplification of DD products. We
thought it's due to poor annealing because the random primer is only a
10mer. We went to a 20mer, used low annealing stringency for the first 2
cycles then high stringency (60 C) for the rest. We thought that would
produce not only more PCR products upon re-amplification but also more
specific products. We're still getting diffused bands on agarose gels,
not anything near like regular PCR. Anyone know the cause and solution
to this problem? Thanks!

Shiao Y. Wang
University of Southern Mississippi
sywang at whale.st.usm.edu