growing adult human keratinocytes

kurzbw at york.uchsc.edu kurzbw at york.uchsc.edu
Fri Jul 25 17:13:01 EST 1997

I have been trying to grow adult human keratinocytes from Clonetics for
the past several months without success.  I am using their growth medium
and following their instructions, but most of the plates do not grow to
more than 1 doubling then the cells begin to die.  I don't know if it
could be the tissue culture plates themselves?!  Because not all cells
eventually die, just most of my plates.  I would appreciate anyone who has
experience with growing keratinocytes in culture to email me
(kurzbw at york.uchsc.edu) with any
comments!!!!!!  Thanks a lot.