DNase I footprinting

jackiec at staff.monash.edu.au jackiec at staff.monash.edu.au
Sat Jul 26 00:20:07 EST 1997

Hi Netters!
l'm about to start DNase I footprinting experiments. l've been reading the
literature about it, so that l can come up with a protocol, but frankly, l'm
confused. Different people use different buffers and stop solutions etc. Since
l don't have any experience with this technique, l don't know what is the best
protocol to use. l know basically how the tecjnique works, but can anyone give
me advice on the amount of DNA to use, how to label the DNA and the solutions
to use etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Jackie C