Bad Labelled Nucleotides

Pamela Norton pnorton at lac.jci.tju.edu
Mon Jul 28 13:35:28 EST 1997

In article <5r3474$qi1 at topgun.es.dupont.com>, JAIME GILL
<GILLWJ at ESVAX.DNET.DUPONT.COM> wrote:

> Rick, although I am not a user of Amersham nucleotides I am frequent user
> of NEN Life Science Products Inc. 32p and 33p labelled nucleotides. I
> always find them to be of incomparable quality, stability and consistent
> specific activity lot to lot. We specifically use UTP-32p for labelling a
> number of riboprobes. NEN has always provided excllent product and has a
> wide varity of choices. Give them a try !
>
> ps. They also provide a custom probe labelling service.

     I have long been a faithful user of NEN (owned by Dupont) products,
including lots of 32P-UTP. However, bad lots _DO_ happen. I had a bad batch
of UTP once, and I was quite certain that all my other reagents were okay.
Happily, NEN supplied a replacement vial, without indicating whether they
had received other complaints. Thus, I would suggest that the original
poster complain to Amersham and request a replacement, as mistakes/problems
can occur.

     Pam Norton

--
Pamela A. Norton, Ph.D.          Associate Professor of Medicine
Thomas Jefferson University
Philadelphia, PA 19107           p_norton at lac.jci.tju.edu