High Molecular Weight DNA

Cathy Sprankle Sprankle at ciit.org
Mon Jul 28 12:35:31 EST 1997

In article <33D5BF8C.53F5 at cnsibm.albany.edu>, Shou-hsien Li
<sl7599 at cnsibm.albany.edu> wrote:

> I am considering trying Qiagen's Genomic tips DNA extraction kit to
> obtain relatively high molecular wt. DNA from frozen tissue for lambda
> cloning and southerns. Does anyone have any experience with this kit?
> Did you like it; was the DNA size about 100kb or better and was the
> DNA obtained clean? Thanks!

No experience with this kit, but I have used a method very similar to the
one marketed by Stratagene in its new "RecoverEase" kit and have had good
results with frozen mouse livers.  Feel free to e-mail me if you'd like
details and tips.

(Not affiliated with Stratagene, just a satisfied customer.)

Cathy

--
Catherine Sprankle
CIIT
e-mail:  sprankle at ciit.org
Opinions expressed (such as they are!) are strictly mine and do
not reflect those of CIIT.