dirty RNA prep

cfb7 at psu.edu cfb7 at psu.edu
Tue Jul 29 10:53:58 EST 1997

Hi,
I purified total RNA from mouse liver and spleen and while the spleen
RNA is clean and usable, the liver RNA is filthy.  It has a greenish
-yellow tint and a 260/280 ratio of 1.02.  My suspicion is that the
contaminating stuff is bile salts, but I don't know how to remove them.
 Phenol:chloroform extraction didn't help.  Any hints?  Thanks,
Christie

Christie Blackman      cfb7 at psu.edu
Department of Biochemistry
   and Molecular Biology
Penn State University
University Park, PA

"There are alot of bastards in the world, the number increasing the
further one gets from Missoula, Montana."
           Norman McLean, A River Runs Through It